KBzine: the original kitchen and bathroom industry e-news - since 2002
8th December 2017
We strongly recommend viewing KBzine full size in your web browser. Click our masthead above to visit our website version.
Maytag's new Intellisense dishwasher uses just six litres of water
In hard economic times when energy bills are soaring, the importance of a quality dishwasher as a long-term investment to save water and electricity is now being fully recognised.
Premium manufacturer Maytag has answered the call in a big way with the launch of its newly designed and engineered range of dishwashers, which offer market-leading benefits and best in class performance.
Typifying the range is the MDW 606 AWG, which has reduced water consumption to unprecedented six-litres and reduced the need to pre-treat dishes prior to dishwashing. With 13-place settings, the model owes its exceptional performance to Maytag's electronic IntelliSense and new pump technology.
The low water consumption is achieved by saving the water from the final rinse in a dedicated reservoir, where it is stored and recycled for use at the beginning of the next programme. The dishwasher also employs a new pump with 'Impulse Pulse' technology that alternates low and high pressure throughout the cycle to reduce the total water volume throughout the wash.
Water purity is maintained through filtration as long as the dishwasher is used with normal regularity. Should it not be used for any length of time, such as holidays, the water is automatically drained after three days to prevent bacteria formation.
Maytag's IntelliSense(r) technology automatically selects the most economical and effective programme according to the level of soiling, saving up to 50% of water, energy and time when compared to standard models without IntelliSense(r).
IntelliSense ensures that the dishwasher only uses our finite resources frugally. The energy usage of the MDW 606 AWG is an impressively low 0.98KW, while the programme time is just 65 minutes.
There is also a valuable and effective Steam Clean option that combines with IntelliSense to soften and remove dried on food and stubborn stains by cleaning and sanitising.
"Our new dishwashers are truly exceptional performers and the statistics prove it," challenges Caroline Guillermard, Product Marketing Manager, Premium, for Maytag. "I think it's fair to say that most of us can't recall another time when saving our resources was so hugely important.
"With a water consumption of just six-litres, Maytag is making a truly significant statement with this model."
Key features and benefits of the Maytag MDW 606 AWG IntelliSense Dishwasher:
- World class low water consumption using just six- litres and A+AA ratings
- Generous 13-place settings
- IntelliSense advanced sensor technology automatically selects the most economical and effective programme according to level of soiling
- New 'Impulse Pulse' pump technology alternates low and high pressure throughout the cycle to reduce the total water volume throughout the wash
- Saves up to 50%* on water, temperature and time
- Steam Clean option combines with IntelliSense technology to gently remove dried on food and stubborn stains such as lipstick, coffee and tea; and offers sanitisation too
- The stored water, held in a special tank, is filtered and automatically drained to prevent bacteria formation if dishwasher isn't used for more than three days
- Low energy usage of just 0.98KW and a programme time of just 65 minutes
T: 0844 499 0101
3rd June 2011