KBzine: the original kitchen and bathroom industry e-news - since 2002
18th August 2017
We strongly recommend viewing KBzine full size in your web browser. Click our masthead above to visit our website version.
Whirlpool introduces green generation new 6th Sense Colours washing machine
Whirlpool has introduced a new Green Generation 9kg freestanding washing machine, with 6th Sense Colours to protect clothes at a remarkably low temperature.
The machine boasts long-lasting colour preservation and the best in fabric care. The patented 6th Sense technology works in concert with Whirlpool's Colours 15 degrees C option, which features dedicated programmes for white, mixed and dark coloured fabrics, making the washing simple and hassle-free whilst offering 50% savings on water, energy and time.
This intelligent new washing machine also features Wave Motion technology, the exclusive solution by Whirlpool to reach great washing performance even at 15 degrees C. Consumers now have the energy saving advantage of washing at lower temperatures with the guarantee of excellent performance, and colour preservation is high on the list of their priorities offering excellent trading-up opportunities for the retailer.
Another added benefit of Whirlpool's highly efficient 'A++AB' washing machine is its large 9kg capacity. Large capacity washing machines are becoming more popular as consumers understand that washing can be done less often with a bigger machine. The freestanding machine also features a Detergent Dosing Recommendation system to help consumers dose detergent correctly.
Dean McKelvie, Product Marketing Manager, Freestanding, for Whirlpool, says: "The new Green Generation washing machine is ideal for today's consumer who is looking for excellent value combined with outstanding results. This model features a huge capacity, so washing can be done less often, and also protects colour fidelity in all clothes.
"Our innovative low temperature washes offer superb savings for the consumer in energy, and the detergent dosing recommendation prevents detergent being wasted, which saves money - a great asset, as this is the most costly part of the wash."
Key features and benefits of the WWCR 9435/1 freestanding Colours washing machine:
* 'A++' energy class with AB wash and spin rating for excellent energy and wash results
* Extra-large 9kg drum capacity in standard footprint - 80% more room than a 5kg machine
* Next generation patented 6th Sense technology for extended savings of up to 50% for water, energy and time
* New 6th Sense Colours technology to preserve the colour and integrity of fabrics
* Special Colours 15 degrees C option combines with 6th Sense Colours technology and Wave Motion technology to promote colour fidelity, whilst maintaining the wash power of 40 degrees C
* Wave Motion technology is a unique asymmetrical drum movement that maximises detergent effectiveness when combined with 6th Sense technology
* The Colours 15 degrees C option works in concert with the 6th Sense Colours programmes, which are adapted to different colour choices to ensure outstanding colour preservation and fabric care
* 14 programmes including 6th Sense programme optimises washing performance for a specific colour set composed of assorted fabric types:
a. Dark Colours programme protects black and dark items from fading
b. The Light Colours programme washes light colours without colour transfer
c. The Mixed programme washes an assortment of colours perfectly
d. The Mixed programme option offers energy savings of 70% while the Dark and Light programmes save 85%
* Daily Load 60-minute programme for quick and excellent wash performance for the everyday mixed loads
* Super Eco programme for 40 per cent energy saving
* Speed Wash - 3kg load in 15-minutes
* Additional options including: pre-wash, easy ironing setting for releasing creases in garments to save time and effort whilst ironing; intensive rinse, temperature selection and variable spin
* Maximum spin speed of 1400 rpm
* Detergent Dosing Recommendation System saves cost and protects the environment
* Intuitive LED control panel layout
* Start Delay to wash at a time to suit the household and to access less expensive energy tariffs where available
* Large 440mm wide porthole door with 172 degrees opening angle for easy access
* Dimensions : H 850 x W 595 x D 600 mm
T: 0208 649 5000
13th April 2012