KBzine: the original kitchen and bathroom industry e-news - since 2002
20th April 2018
We strongly recommend viewing KBzine full size in your web browser. Click our masthead above to visit our website version.
KitchenAid's powerful hood is on an island of its own!
It might be hard to believe for those of a certain vintage, but cooker hoods are now seriously challenging other glamorous kitchen appliances for iconic status as fashion and lifestyle statements. The dowdy and noisy models of 10 or 15 years ago now seem a lifetime away as consumers are romanced by hoods with show-stopping designs and state-of-the-art technology.
Premium manufacturer KitchenAid's Architect Island Hood, the KCIP 1010, is a beautifully designed example of the exciting new genre. With an impressive wing span of 1000mm and blissfully quiet in operation, the sturdy hood is packed with typically professional KitchenAid quality and functionality including a ventilation capacity of 690 m3/h using a perimetric extraction system.
Perimetric extraction is considerably more efficient than traditional extraction systems for the dispersion of vapours and fumes, ensuring impressive noise reduction and improved grease filtration. The vapour stream breaks on the hood's central panel and is spread over the entire surface.
As ever, KitchenAid combines robustness with style, encasing the hood in patented EasyClean stainless steel and housing permanent metal filters. This island hood is built to last and is also very flexible with three fan speeds as well as an intensive speed setting, while its 52 dB(A) on setting two won't interrupt conversation at the table.
Caroline Guillermard, Product Marketing Manager, Premium for KitchenAid comments: "The choice of cooker hoods on the market seems to be growing by the day and many of them do indeed look spectacular. But many are often disappointing in their performance and the discerning consumer needs to choose carefully.
"With our Architect Island Hood purchasers can rest assured that they are investing in the very best design, latest technology and functionality and the highest professional performance levels."
Key features and benefits of the KitchenAid Architect Island Hood - KCIP 1010:
* 1000mm island hood designed and styled in patented EasyClean stainless steel
* Permetric extraction system for quiet and high performance ventilation
* Exhaust capacity of 690 m3/h controlled via electronic push button control
* Three fan speed settings plus an intensive setting.
* Permanent and washable metal filters for ease and everlasting convenience
* Very low noise levels of 42, 52, 59 and 65dB, depending on setting selected
* Automatic run-on time at the end of cooking to ensure all cooking fumes and vapours are extracted
* High performance, energy efficient halogen lighting
* Optional active carbon filter for recirculation mode
* Dimensions: H x W x D: KCIP 1010: 1100 x 1000 x 700 mm.
* A larger 1200 mm wide model is available the KCIP 1210 and there is a wall mounted version KCDP 9010
T: 0800 988 1266
6th August 2010