KBzine: the original kitchen and bathroom industry e-news - since 2002
19th May 2017
We strongly recommend viewing KBzine full size in your web browser. Click our masthead above to visit our website version.
US DIY & home improvement market report just published
The prospect in the US of a slow, drawn out economic recovery without robust job growth or a quick rise in home prices doesn't bode well for a rapid rebound in the broader home improvement industry, which has already suffered three consecutive years of decline. But the longer the economy stays out of high gear the better the chances are of solid growth in the DIY portion of the market as the DIY mentality will become a proactive and affirmative manifestation of the 'New Frugality', claims a new report.
The report provides an in-depth analysis of how retailers, suppliers and - most importantly - consumers, are responding to a home channel marketplace that is changing in fundamental ways. It includes:
- Analysis of consumer expenditures in the broader home channel market as well as the more narrowly defined DIY market
- Analysis of sales trends in major home improvement product segments and retail channels
- Discussion of the branding and advertising strategies of major DIY retailers
- The results of Mintel's exclusive research among DIYers including the incidence of various types of projects and the impact of the economic downturn on consumer behavior and attitudes
- Extensive discussion on DIYers' increasing interest in environmental sustainability and energy efficiency
F: +353 1 4100 980
3rd September 2010