KBZine-Logo-9.png

 

KBzine: the original kitchen and bathroom industry e-newssince 2002
22nd September 2017

 

We strongly recommend viewing KBzine full size in your web browser. Click our masthead above to visit our website version.

 

Search
English French Spanish Italian German Dutch Russian Mandarin


Benchmarx promises to 'save trade time and money'

* Borrowdale-Warm-Oak.jpgBenchmarx Kitchens and Joinery, the trade only supplier of high quality pre-assembled kitchens, has carried out a review of every aspect of its business through talking to customers, to fully understand how best to help the trade save time and money on kitchen installation projects.

The improved Benchmarx business now offers the trade a compelling range of good, better and best kitchen furniture designs, excellent stock availability - with best-selling items available immediately from branch - CAD planning support for tradesmen, plus instant quotations and refurbished showrooms to be trialled in three existing branches during 2013.

Managing Director of Benchmarx Kitchens and Joinery, Chris Larkin, explains why it was considered so important to refocus and redefine the business model based on the exact needs of the building and installation trade:

"Since Benchmarx was first established in 2006, the business has grown to be a major supplier to the UK's building and construction market. With over 85 branches nationwide at the start of 2012, we felt the need to take a step back and review every aspect of how we operate with the trade in mind. We began by improving our supply chain and stock offer. Having rationalised the number of ranges available, Benchmarx now holds an impressive 90% of all products in stock at our centrally located 50,000sq ft distribution centre, with the remaining 10% delivered direct to the customer from suppliers.

"Better still, we know that time is money for builders and installers, so our best-selling products are available straight away for collection from our branch network. The rest are delivered within 48 hours from our warehouse. In the unlikely event there is a problem with a product; Benchmarx will supply recovery items within 24 hours to avoid any costly down-time on an installation job.

"To make selecting kitchen furniture quicker and easier, we have also introduced a simpler good, better, best offer that enables tradesman to trade up or down through the ranges in order to make better margins. This includes 26 contemporary, modern and traditional kitchen designs to suit any style, space and budget, plus a wide range of handles, work surfaces, accessories and leading appliance brands.

"We have also launched a brand new own-label collection of integrated appliances in conjunction with Electrolux, that we have aptly named Neue.
"With a network of 85 branches around the country, we wanted to ensure that our showrooms work hard to meet the precise needs of trade professionals too. As a result, we are introducing a new showroom concept in three branches this year. The new layout has an open feel and offers easy access to our kitchen experts for planning advice and quick quotations."

Full details of all products available in the kitchen collection can be found in a comprehensive new brochure, which builders and installers can use as a sales tool when selling the complete package to end-consumers.

A trade price list and technical guide have also been produced and a social housing brochure is now available for those working on larger projects with more specific requirements.

www.benchmarxjoinery.co.uk

6th September 2013




© The KBzine 2017.
Subscribe | Unsubscribe | Cookies | Sitemap