KBzine: the original kitchen and bathroom industry e-news - since 2002
31st August 2020
We strongly recommend viewing KBzine full size in your web browser. Click our masthead above to visit our website version.
Belling enters new market with Sensicare Collection: family favourite launches into laundry market
Renowned appliance manufacturer Belling has announced its entrance into the freestanding home laundry market with the launch of a suite of new products - the Sensicare Collection.
The new collection - which includes four washing machines, a washer-dryer, two tumble dryers and a 15-place setting dishwasher - means Belling now provides a complete range of home appliances.
The 60cm A+++ rated Sensicare washing machines - which range in capacity from 7kg to a huge 10kg - have a host of innovative features which underline Belling's family friendly reputation. These include:
- Pluswash - allows you to pause the wash mid-cycle to add extra items.
- Hydrocare Drum - state-of-the-art, eco-friendly drum technology which keeps clothes in contact with water for longer to improve wash performance and efficiency and protects clothes from damage.
- Sensiwash -an integrated sensor that weighs the load to adjust water and energy requirements to save time and money.
- Timesaver - completes a standard wash cycle 33% more quickly without losing cleaning performance
- Stain+ - allows you to change the intensity of the wash depending on how dirty the clothes are
- Sensitouch - a multi-function ergonomic touch control display which allows you to customise each wash
- My Wash - a memory feature which allows you to save your favourite wash cycle, settings and functions
All the models feature Safetouch heat resistant doors, a bigger than average Easyload porthole door and the 9kg and 10kg models use a Silentdrive inverter motor - a high-performance motor, with a market-leading 12-year parts warranty, which reduces noise and increases energy efficiency, making these products 30% more efficient than even the top A+++ rating.
The Belling FWD8614 Washer Dryer has an 8kg washing capacity and 6kg drying capacity and, like the washing machines, feature 16 programmes including specialist Baby Care and Jeans cycles and a Quick 15 minute wash.
The Sensicare collection also includes two tumble dryers - the Belling FCD800 8kg condenser tumble dryer and the energy efficient A++ rated Belling FHD80 8kg heat pump tumble dryer. Rather than releasing the hot air used to dry clothes, heat pump dryers recycle it, therefore using 50% less energy than a standard C class dryer and saving up to £50 a year. Both appliances have LED displays, 12 programmes including an anti-crease function, 24hr delay start and empty tank and filter clean indicators.
Completing the Sensicare collection is the large capacity 60cm FDW150 dishwasher, which holds 15 place settings and is A+++ rated. Available in both stainless steel and white, it features seven programmes including a delicate/glass wash, plus a turbo dry feature and premium quality adjustable internal baskets.
"Entering the home laundry market is a natural step for Belling," notes Jacqueline Bell, laundry product manager at Glen Dimplex Home Appliances.
"It is a huge and competitive market but we believe there is a place for Belling within it as a brand that has been trusted by families for generations.
"These new laundry products offer really high levels of specification with all the features and functions that Belling customers expect. The range of appliances available creates huge opportunity for retailers and, as such, we are supporting the launch with extensive POS and marketing activity, as well as both on and offline campaigns to target consumers directly."
6th January 2017