KBzine: the original kitchen and bathroom industry e-news - since 2002
14th September 2018
We strongly recommend viewing KBzine full size in your web browser. Click our masthead above to visit our website version.
The 2017 UK Plumber of the Year competition opens for entries
This year's UK Plumber of the Year competition has begun its search to find the nation's best plumber after officially opening for entries. Launched by JT in partnership with Bristan and Plumb Center, the industry competition aims to find the finest plumber of 2017 and recognise the remarkable level of talent from plumbers across the UK, with another huge prize fund awarded to the worthy winner.
Entries are now open via www.ukplumberoftheyear.com and the deadline for all entries is midnight on Friday 16th June 2017.
To enter, plumbers simply need to tell the competition's organisers about the one job which showed the full extent of their plumbing prowess, the performance that sets them apart from the rest. WaterSafe will announce a shortlist of 15 plumbers based upon their application. That final 15 will then be put to a public vote and five with the most votes will be individually interviewed by a panel of judges. The winner will then be announced in September.
"We love running this competition and are thrilled to be making it bigger than ever this year," says Paul Crossley, managing director of JT. "We're delighted to have opened the competition and we can't wait to see the entries. The Plumber of the Year competition's prestige has grown significantly in the past two years, which makes us very proud."
This year's prizes include:
* JT and Bristan products, plus a £1000 voucher for Nabis at Plumb Center
* Proper Job beer are offering this year's worthy winner a trip to Cornwall - the home of the award-winning beer. The champion (and a guest) will stay for three nights at the Pier House Hotel in Charlestown, with dinner sorted on the first night too. The winner will also get to visit St Austell Brewery and its interactive brewing experience and visitor attraction. There will be a chance to have a behind-the-scenes look at where Proper Job is brewed - and there will be plenty of time for some tastings. Four runners up will also get sent a case of Proper Job to toast reaching the final
* £1000 worth of Rothenberger tools that can be spent at Plumb Center for the winner
* A CK Electrician's Premium Tool Kit for the winner and CK Magma Open Tool Tote for shortlisted plumbers
* A HomeBoost Salamander Pump for the winner. HomeBoost is the perfect low cost, quiet and compact, solution to help boost mains water pressure. By intelligently recognising when pressure and flow is low it automatically boosts the performance of the incoming mains water up to 12 litres per minute ensuring compliance with water fitting regulations. The product comes with all fittings included and is fully WRAS approved.
* A Filplastic Complete Tilt Bin Kit. This top-quality system is ideal for van use or workshops. The viewbins tilt forward independently (while still secured to the unit), or can be removed altogether if desired. A locking bar is included which can be used to secure all the bins closed if the vehicle is in transit. There are keyhole slots for easy mounting. Overall size approximately 600mm wide x 800mm high with 27 compartments of various sizes.
* A day's session with an established Marketing company to help the winner make the most out of the award
* £50 worth of branded items and a free tyre check at their local FirstStop for the 15 shortlisted plumbers, plus free tyres for the winner
* 15 Heavy Duty Tubs of BigWipes for the 15 shortlisted plumbers
7th April 2017