KBzine: the original kitchen and bathroom industry e-news - since 2002
31st August 2020
We strongly recommend viewing KBzine full size in your web browser. Click our masthead above to visit our website version.
New Michel Roux Jr. kitchen range unveiled at Grand Designs Live 2017
Roux Lifestyle, in collaboration with British kitchen manufacturer Moores, will launch a new luxurious premium kitchen for the most discerning homes at Grand Designs Live in London, 29th April - 7th May 2017. The Roux Kitchen, crafted for Roux Lifestyle and its Director, world-renowned chef Michel Roux Jr., meets the demands of a world class professional chef.
The Roux Kitchen hones in on the functional aspects professional chefs love and expect. It is the small details that set it apart, from integrated lighting to ingenious storage and a meticulously planned layout.
Whether crafting a full-works brunch for friends, a heartwarming one-pot for the family or a steamy dinner a deux, a Roux kitchen will give a professional edge.
The kitchen is available in a range of modern classics that can go with the ebb and flow of trends and always be the much-loved hub of the home and social life:
* Nouvel Dust & Loire Vintage Oak - This design is all about understated glamour - from the vintage oak to the shark nose worktop and splash back feature lighting. It is the perfect confluence of sophisticated style and chef's playground.
* Nouvel White - A modern and sleek design to make your kitchen a joy to use, and keep it looking beautifully streamlined.
* Nouvel Dust - Luxuriously contrasting oak and marble worktops and architectural grey units gives this kitchen a solid and dependable feel.
* Nouvel Haze & Loire Russet Oak - Featuring a rich oak design with subtle architectural grey for a welcoming but contemporary design.
* Nouvel Mulberry & Loire Nordic Grey - Nouvel Mulberry is wonderfully warm and rich, creating a cocooning space to come together and cook. If you want to add a contrast, the Loire Nordic Grey is a failsafe option that creates a textural look.
* Nouvel Haze - This kitchen features a bright and modern design with stylish handleless doors to enhance the luxurious feel.
* Nouvel Light Teal & Loire Sand Oak - If you want to step away from neutrals, the chameleon-like teal of these wall units transforms from blue to green and from fresh to warm depending on the light.
* Nouvel Cream Chalk - The perfect light and airy kitchen, with luxuriously appointed units creating clean lines and helping to maximise floor space.
The kitchen offers incredible flexibility in design, with a wide variety of premium appliances, fixtures and fittings to choose between for a beautiful bespoke design suited to your needs. The Roux Lifestyle products, such as a stunning, deep-set sink and hot taps, further enhance the design. Great attention has been paid to the little details from subtle integrated lighting to clever storage solutions. These include stunning floor-to-ceiling larders, deep drawer organisation and bi-fold units to help maximise floor space, create a streamlined look and create enough space to keep ingredients deliciously fresh for any chef. The kitchen will always feature a meticulously planned layout to ensure smooth movement and make cooking a joy- even in the most bijoux of spaces.
Michelin Chef Michel Roux Jr. comments on the launch: "When I'm cooking, the things that very much make a difference for me are great lighting, clever storage and a sensible layout. So these were the things I wanted to make sure we got absolutely right to create a professional kitchen for the home. We've included the latest natural lighting technology, made use of every corner and employed principles from a chef's workflow. And, of course, we've made sure it all looks completely beautiful. A warm, luxurious minimalism you'll still love in years to come.
"It's important for me to buy British, so I chose to collaborate with Moores that crafts its kitchens entirely in the UK and has been doing so for the last 70 years. They pay incredible attention to detail and I know they'll give you the kind of five-star service I like to provide."
Moores CEO Steve Parkin comments: "We've been making kitchens for 70 years so we understand its ever-evolving role as the heart of the home. Through working with Roux Lifestyle, we are delighted that we have not only been able to create a kitchen for the modern-day chef at home; but one that carries a Michelin chef's seal of approval.
"The Roux Kitchen was designed using our 70 years of expertise and Michel Roux Jr.'s highly regarded knowledge in the industry to deliver an exclusive chef-style kitchen at home."
Roux director and co-founder Ben Seymour comments: "Entering our third year of trading, we are delighted to be working with Moores on this exciting new kitchen range which will enhance the complete offering from Roux Lifestyle. The success of our sink and tap business has enabled us to evolve into offering premium quality kitchens through high demand from our existing dealer network."
T: 01937 842394
28th April 2017