KBzine: the original kitchen and bathroom industry e-news - since 2002
28th January 2021
We strongly recommend viewing KBzine full size in your web browser. Click our masthead above to visit our website version.
One-pack solution ensures easy installation of a wet room
A complete wet-room base and linear drain pack is now available through builders merchants and bathroom and wet-room retailers . UniSlope is an innovative pre-formed wet room base supplied complete with a choice of stunning linear drains in one easy package.
The UniSlope Range comprises two designs each incorporating the perfect gradient for efficient water run away and each supplied with the UniDrain Award-winning linear drain which does away with the need for the multiple tile cuts associated with a central drain making it ideal for today's stunning wet room designs.
UniSlope 1k is a true one-way slope which allows for inspirational wet room design by tucking the drain neatly along one wall and away from feet! UniSlope 4k provides a more traditional four-way-fall in the centre of the wet room floor. Either option incorporates a range of UniSlope easy-fit features including:
* A choice of superior grade 3mm stainless steel grating panels or custom drain panels that enable the drain to be virtually hidden
* The option to upgrade to a striking 12mm solid brushed stainless steel Highline Panel
* 19mm thickness which makes UniSlope easy to trim to size
* Suitability for both concrete and wooden floors to provide a wet room almost anywhere
* Provides a level-access floor solution when set flush with a prepared floor
* A comprehensive range of sizes
* Wall mounted linear UniDrain ensures a secure fix
* Integral slope inside drain prevents water pooling
* Large flanges for secure installation
* 12mm top grade stainless steel frame guarantees no flexing
* Removable easy clean trap. High Capacity with fast 50mm waste discharge
* Complete kit includes, slope, drain and grill and all elements of waterproofing membrane; primer, joint tape and liquid membrane which is designed to move with its surroundings to ensure 100% water proofing.
"This is a professional product that needs to be installed by an experienced builder or plumber," says Jane Sharp, sales & marketing manager for UniSlope. "It is robust proven technology and guaranteed for 25 years. Using UniSlope allows a designer wet room to be installed virtually anywhere, quickly, which means tangible labour cost savings for the end user."
T: 01332 840820
8th April 2011