KBzine: the original kitchen and bathroom industry e-news - since 2002
25th March 2019
We strongly recommend viewing KBzine full size in your web browser. Click our masthead above to visit our website version.
Rangemaster releases cool new refrigeration range with brand-new functions
Rangemaster has added six new A+ rated models to its existing cooling range. The new models include the RSXS18 standalone American-style four-door fridge-freezer, which has 560 litres of storage space, and the RDXD18 French-style two-door, two-drawer version, which has 557 litres of storage space.
They are available in three colour co-ordinating Rangemaster finishes: Black, Stainless Steel and Ivory. In addition, the company has introduced four integrated models, including 70:30 and 50:50 fridge-freezers, plus a tall larder fridge and a tall larder freezer.
Both the American-style and French-style products feature brand-new technologies to benefit the consumer including:
* even-Circ minimises any heat transfer from the walls inside the cooler unit to ensure food stays fresher for longer.
* Ionizer technology spreads negative ions which neutralise particles of unpleasant odours and dust inside the refrigerator. By removing these particles, air quality is improved, and odours are eliminated.
* RangeFresh preserver technology helps to remove ethylene gas (a bio product released naturally from fresh foods) and any unpleasant odours, ensuring food stays fresh.
Additional functions to maximise fridge and freezer efficiency include:
* The American-style model offers flexibility for family entertaining, as the two freezer compartments can be independently controlled. This enables the bottom left-hand compartment to be programmed and used as either a chiller or a freezer, maximising space as and when required.
* Quick drink mode allows the user to cool drinks quickly by placing them in either of the freezer compartments, with a timer that can be set in five minute increments anywhere between five and 30 minutes, to serve as a reminder to take the beverages out.
* Super freeze mode, on the American and French-style models, enables the units to rapidly freeze freshly prepared food or produce to retain quality, automatically returning to the last set temperature after 24 hours unless deactivated manually.
* The Super cool mode helps to cool and store large quantities of food in the fridge compartment and quickly chill drinks, automatically reverting to the last set temperature after four hours unless deactivated manually.
The American and French-style models incorporate an Eco running mode to maintain an optimum temperature of 4 degrees C for the fridge and -18 degrees C for the freezer, saving power when the fridge is not in constant use. The new Holiday mode also offers users the option to leave only the freezer on while away from home for prolonged periods of time, at a temperature of -18 degrees C. A Child lock function can be activated to prevent any unintentional changes being made to the appliance settings and the Soft door alarm alerts users if the door is left open for longer than two minutes.
The new integrated appliances feature Opti-lift, which allows the door shelves to be adjusted to six di?erent heights and provide flexible storage areas depending on users' needs.
13th July 2018