KBzine: the original kitchen and bathroom industry e-news - since 2002
28th January 2021
We strongly recommend viewing KBzine full size in your web browser. Click our masthead above to visit our website version.
Rangemaster updates iconic Elan range cooker by launching the Elan Deluxe
Rangemaster has updated its popular Elan range cooker with the launch of the brand-new Elan Deluxe, available in both Dual Fuel and Induction models.
The distinctive Elan features including rotary controls, door, handles and towel rails have been retained and brand-new features have been introduced, bringing the Elan Deluxe in line with Rangemaster's most contemporary range cookers. The Elan Deluxe is also one of the first range cookers to benefit from the brand's recently unveiled 'next generation' induction system.
A proving drawer comes as standard on all 110cm width product variants and can heat up to 40 degrees C. Also as standard is the new Deluxe Glide-Out grill complete with new grill pan design and four-way trivet, and a Rapid Response setting on the fan oven, which heats up food 30% faster than fan alone.
Customers who prefer a Dual Fuel cooker will enjoy the following new features as standard:
* Dual fuel hotplate - a single piece hotplate with three individual spillage areas. The 90cm dual fuel option supports a five-ring burner including a large 3.5KW multi-ring burner. The 110cm has five burners in total - four standard burners, a large 3.5KW multi-ring burner and a removable multi-zone griddle area. New Semi-gloss pan supports come as standard on the dual fuel models.
* Lightweight multi-zone griddle - comes as standard on the 110 model. The smooth flat cast aluminium griddle is integrated as part of the pan support assembly. The griddle is dishwasher safe for easy cleaning.
* Cast iron wok cradle - The wok cradle provides additional support and stability when cooking with a wok. It is dishwasher safe and benefits from single-handed ignition as only one hand is required to operate the rotary control and the other hand to press the ignition.
The new induction range features aim to make cooking on a hob safer, easier, more controllable and faster for enthusiastic home cooks:
* Bridging Zone - offers two large cooking zones on the left-hand side of the hob that provide a more adaptable cooking surface and more power. The bridging zone can be used as two separate zones or combined as one large area to accommodate bigger dishes.
* Induction compatible griddle - comes as standard and is made from cast aluminium, making it lightweight and hard wearing. Protective rubber feet on the underside of the griddle help to protect the glass hob from damage.
* Pan detection feature - when no pan is detected the hob will automatically switch off.
* Boil dry detection feature - recognises when the temperature of a pan rises rapidly and responds by reducing the temperature to a safe range.
* Power Boost - provides maximum power instantly from any of the cooking zones, for 10 minutes, after which it is automatically reduced back down.
* Child lock feature - can be activated when the hob isn't in use.
T: 0115 946 4000
14th September 2018