KBzine: the original kitchen and bathroom industry e-news - since 2002
16th May 2019
We strongly recommend viewing KBzine full size in your web browser. Click our masthead above to visit our website version.
KitchenAid launches new freestanding combination microwave oven
KitchenAid has launched a new freestanding combination microwave oven that has been inspired by the professional culinary sphere. The KMQFX 33910 (UK) has an impressive range of chef-inspired functions, to enthuse and embolden those who are serious about food.
With a 33 litre capacity, more than 50 pre-programmed recipes and five professional functions, the appliance is a triumph in the kitchen.
KitchenAid ensures the most even microwave circulation thanks to an innovative and fully three-dimensional microwave distribution system. The 3D System forges a complex pattern to ensure that the microwave energy produces perfectly even cooking results, while intuitive sensor technology adjusts the duration and microwave power required, according to the moisture content and temperature of the food. Just select the food type on the Sensor menu and the smart sensors will do the rest.
In addition to microwave cooking, the appliance boasts a grill and crisp plate accessory. Together, gastronomic favourites can be prepared in a fraction of time and with less oil too, using KitchenAid's Crisp Technology, Crisp Fry and the Crisp & Bake programmes.
For those who love to bake, the microwave oven transforms the kitchen into a professionally-inspired bakery. The user is assisted through the entire baking process right from bowl to bake. The appliance perfectly softens butter, melts chocolate and prepares dough using the dedicated programmes and can effortlessly bake delicate cakes, meringues and loaves of bread.
Making a statement in the kitchen, inspired by the iconic design of the built-in KitchenAid Twelix Artisan oven, the sleek and timeless design blends seamlessly into the culinary workplace and features the iconic KitchenAid ergonomic handle, which is subtly finished with the brand's medallion.
Lee Collett, channel controller, Kitchen Studio & KitchenAid Brand, says: "The freestanding microwave oven is the latest illustration of the brand's lasting commitment to creating appliances that deliver on performance, quality and design. KitchenAid's experience in perfecting cooking techniques, in collaboration with professional chefs, brings the gourmet kitchen into the home, providing the user with the very best cooking techniques in the comfort of their own home."
Professionally-inspired functions include:
* Precision Bake combines forced air with the ultra-precise temperature setting to evenly bake dishes with the elimination of any hot or cold spots
* Dual Steam function, utilising the steamer accessory, allows the user to steam two different dishes at the same time without the mixing of flavours and aromas
* Dough rising ensures a stable temperature of 38°C for perfect dough preparation
* Yoghurt function makes preparation easy and convenient
* Soft melting programme is extraordinarily gentle and is ideal for melting butter and chocolate
Other features include:
* Reheat function calculates microwave power level required to achieve the best results dependent on food type and weight
* Defrost setting for the most flawless and efficient defrosting of dishes
* Crisp plate accessory to perfectly crisp both the top and bottom of food; for use with the Crisp Programmes
* Large quartz grill to achieve an oven-baked finish. Rack accessories included
* Auto-clean programme uses the power of steam to clean the interior of the microwave oven and effectively removes lingering odours
* Intuitive user interface for precise control, which ensures professionally-inspired results at the touch of a button
* 360 mm diameter turntable
* Two year warranty for peace of mind
* Dimensions: H x W x D 490 x 373 x 562 mm
16th November 2018