KBzine: the original kitchen and bathroom industry e-news - since 2002
16th October 2019
We strongly recommend viewing KBzine full size in your web browser. Click our masthead above to visit our website version.
Spread Mudd right through the house
A new tiling brand from Building Adhesives, Mudd products gets the job done. No fancy names, no gimmicks - just a range of hard-working products to see you right through the installation. If you're looking for prepping and levelling, then look no further.
Get your projects off to the perfect start with:
* The Leveller - A flexible fibre-reinforced floor leveller that can be used from 3mm to 60mm in one application - seriously! Create a smooth, flat surface to tile to, and tile on in only three hours. Self-healing, it has a flexibility that makes it ideal for use with underfloor and under tile heating systems.
* Dam It - A ready-to use waterproof system, Mudd Dam It creates a waterproof seal to protect backgrounds from water ingress. Did you know that adhesives and grouts are water resistant, not waterproof? This means water travels through the product, without breaking down. Setting in 24hours, it is ideal for domestic showers and bathrooms.
* Prime Time - It's always Prime Time when tiling. Mudd Prime Time is an acrylic-based primer which helps stabilise porous and dusty surfaces prior to tiling. It sets in 30 minutes.
* The Strengthener - A flexible additive for adhesive and grout, adds flexibility, this improves adhesion, and reduces permeability.
* Ready For It - Tiling with small ceramic wall tiles? Then get 'Ready For It' with Mudd's D1 ready-mixed adhesive. With reduced slip and extended open time, it is ideal for kitchens, bathrooms and domestic showers.
* Ready For More - Be 'Ready For More' with Mudd's D2 enhanced ready-mixed adhesive which can fix ceramics or mosaic wall tiles with no need for battens. It can be used in domestic showers, powers showers, kitchens and bathrooms. No mixing - just spread it!
* Tile Fixer - Need longer time to fix and adjust your tiles? Mudd Tile Fixer is your ideal powder adhesive. It gives you five hours of bucket life, and 30 minutes' open time on the walls and floors. Available in white and grey, it can be used for underfloor heating and with ceramic, porcelain and natural stone tiles.
* Fast Fixer - If you need a faster finish, then Fast Fixer is a polymer-modified rapid-setting adhesive that can be grouted in only three hours - what's more it has a 45-minute pot life and 20-minute open time. Because it's flexible, it can also be used in swimming pools and on underfloor heating. It is perfect for fixing most porcelain and ceramic tiles as well as some natural stone with the white version.
* Thick Fixer - Mudd Thick Fixer allows you to build up to 25mm where the surface is uneven, or for uncalibrated natural stone. It is pourable, meaning there is no need to trowel it out of a bucket, saving you time when spreading. Perfect for fixing large format or natural stone floor tiles. It is also rapid setting, meaning you can grout after only three hours, and because of its flexibility it is suitable for use over underfloor heating systems. It comes in white and grey.
* Smart? Fixer - Be a smart fixer with Mudd's highly flexible two-part S2 deformable adhesive which is ideal for most floors, particularly moisture stable timber-based boards and tongue and groove timber. Suitable for fixing ceramic tiles, non-translucent natural stone, fully vitrified and porcelain tiles, it sets in three hours - great when you need that job done quickly! It's the belt and braces adhesive for any tiling situation.
Mudd Grout with Clout is ideal for creating the perfect wall and floor finish providing a super smooth finish with no patching or discolouration. Hard wearing and abrasion resistant, it can be used from 1-15mm. Because it is flexible it can be used on key installations such as underfloor heating, swimming pools and power showers. Grout with Clout is available in six colours including white, dark grey, cream, light grey, limestone and black.
The best way to finish your project is with The Finisher - Mudd's waterproof silicone sealant. Colour-matched with Grout with Clout for a seamless finish, The Finisher is an easy to use silicone sealant for jointing tiled walls and floors in interior and exterior location as a well as movement joint filling and sealing around showers, baths, sinks and worktops.
"Our name is Mudd (your reputation is safe) because as well as great products, with Mudd you also get a 10-year guarantee PLUS great services and support including a technical helpline, website, nationwide training and technical support team and on-site training," says BAL.
15th July 2019