KBzine: the original kitchen and bathroom industry e-news - since 2002
25th May 2020
We strongly recommend viewing KBzine full size in your web browser. Click our masthead above to visit our website version.
Dine in style with afternoon tea on a Königstone worktop
When homeowners have spent money making their house into a home, it makes sense to make the most of it.
That's why Königstone, the champion of engineered quartz and natural stone worktops, has pulled together a recipe to enable homeowners to invite friends over and enjoy afternoon tea at home.
To easily create a batch of scones in 20 minutes, follow the simple steps below:
- Heat the oven to 220ºC (200ºC if you have a fan oven).
- Mix 350g self-raising flour with 1/4 tsp and 1 tsp of baking powder in a large bowl.
- Once it is all mixed together, combine 85g of butter (best cut into cubes) with the mix and rub between your fingers until the mixture becomes fine crumbs.
- Stir in 3tbsp of caster sugar with the crumbs and leave it to one side.
- Then, pour 175ml milk into a jug and heat in a microwave for 30 seconds until warm - but be careful to make sure it's just warm and not hot.
- Add 1tsp of vanilla extract and a squeeze of lemon juice into the milk, then set aside for a moment.
- Line a baking tray with a baking sheet or greaseproof paper and pop it in the oven.
- Then, go back to the mix of crumbs and create a well in the middle. Pour the milk mix into this and combine it into the dry mix with a wooden spoon until it becomes doughy.
- Dust the Konigstone work surface with some flour and tip the dough onto it. Stretch the dough and knead it over itself several times until it becomes a little smoother.
- Pat the smooth dough into a round about 4cm deep. Take a 5cm cutter and dip it into some flour (smoothed edge cutters give the best results). Cut into your dough and repeat the process until there are four scones. Knead the dough again if there is little space left to produce the four shapes.
- Lightly brush the tops with a beaten egg and place each scone on the hot baking tray.
- Bake for 10 minutes until risen and golden on top - and voila, beautiful scones to enjoy an afternoon tea at home!
Königstone's worktops are scratch-, stain- and heat-resistant and are incredibly easy to clean, creating the perfect surface in the home for baking. There is also a handy go-to customer care guide on Königstone's website which tells homeowners everything they need to know about taking care of a KönigQaurtz or König Naturals surface to keep it in tip-top shape for food preparation.
Pictured is the lovely 'Concrete Shell' worktop.
20th December 2019