KBzine: the original kitchen and bathroom industry e-news - since 2002
21st April 2017
We strongly recommend viewing KBzine full size in your web browser. Click our masthead above to visit our website version.
Whirlpool's new tumble dryers take drying to a new level
Whirlpool has taken the trusty and time-honoured tumble dryer to new levels of performance with its new and spacious tumble dryers.
Featuring the company's patented 6th Sense technology and top-of-the-range Carisma design, the 9kg AZB 9780 and 8kg AZB 8680 condenser tumble dryers offer a host of special and attractive features to retailers.
These superbly designed models reduce drying times by as much as 20 minutes per load (comparison between 17 minutes per kg on B-class 6th Sense Whirlpool dryer and 14 minutes 53 seconds per kg on a new B-class 6th Sense Whirlpool dryer in Carisma design, in accordance with test procedures of harmonised standards). By adapting the drying cycle to each load, Whirlpool's 6th Sense technology not only guarantees excellent drying performance in exceptional time but also saves energy.
Whirlpool's 6th Sense technology works in tandem with a new airflow system. Load mass detection and improved temperature and humidity monitoring operates with 6th Sense technology and tailors the airflow throughout the drying process, creating even, and gentle drying but faster!
Another very impressive and practical feature of the tumble dryers is the newly designed drum, which offers a generous capacity of up to 9kg to reduce the required number of drying cycles and save time and energy.
The extra space, combined with the drum rotation being adapted to each load, also ensures that laundry is treated with unrivalled care. Loading and unloading are made far easier by the large door, even with bigger loads such as duvets.
Dean McKelvie, Product Marketing Manager, Freestanding, for Whirlpool comments:
"The AZB 9780 and AZB 8680 tumble dryers really are top of the class for both design and performance. They save consumers valuable time with the large capacity and improved airflow, and they take perfect care of their clothes. Loading and unloading is made easy, and the biggest items are dried evenly, and there is less mechanical stress placed on the textiles."
Key features and benefits of the top-of-the-range Whirlpool AZB 9780 tumble dryer:
- Freestanding condenser tumble dryer with B energy rating
- Carisma modern aesthetic with clean lines
- Large 9 kg stainless steel capacity drum with bigger door opening for easy of access
- New airflow system produces consistently fast, even and gentle drying and with
- 6th Sense drying technology reduces drying time by up to 20 minutes_ on a full load
- 6th Sense technology accurately detects the load size and monitors temperature and humidity, adapting the drum rotation to create the ideal conditions for each load
- Electronic sensor or timed drying option
- Intuitive control panel for ease of operation and feedback
- Fabric care programmes and options include 6th Sense over-dry protection system, Synthetics, Delicates, Mixed, Ready to wear/extra dry, Cupboard dry, Iron dry, Silk programme and Auto anti-crease
- Special options include Gentle and an Airing programme
- Remaining time indicator, LCD programme status indicator and start delay for accessing less expensive energy tariffs
- Dimensions H x W x D : 855 x 600 x 596 mm
T: 0208 649 5000
11th March 2011