KBzine: the original kitchen and bathroom industry e-news - since 2002
23rd February 2018
We strongly recommend viewing KBzine full size in your web browser. Click our masthead above to visit our website version.
KitchenAid introduces downdraft hood
As cooker hoods have assumed almost iconic status as fashion statements in the kitchen, so the choices in style and methods of extraction have increased accordingly. For those who want to create the maximum amount of space, the discreet downdraft hood is the perfect choice.
Rather than sitting above the hob, the KitchenAid retractable KCDD 9010 downdraft hood is installed behind it. Suitable for any kind of hob, it slides up into position only when needed, resting invisibly below the worksurface at other times. This design innovation creates a new sense of space in the kitchen, giving users the freedom to achieve the state-of-the-art interior they desire.
The KitchenAid KCDD 9010 has a powerful airflow of 900m3/h and can be ducted or recirculated. Its perimeter extraction technology is highly effective as it extracts cooking vapours and fumes along the outer edges of the hood. The vapour stream breaks on the hood's central panel creating a low pressure area along the perimeter. This attracts a smaller vapour stream to the extraction zone, ensuring outstanding results with 10% better grease filtering and noise reduction.
Tough and stylish, the KitchenAid KCDD 9010 has a black glass top with a stainless steel perimeter aspiration panel.
"Our KitchenAid downdraft hood has all the style and durability expected of a premium KitchenAid product," enthuses Juliana Sado, Brand Marketing Manager. "It is fashionable and discreet and remains conveniently hidden when it is not required. Its perimeter extraction is very powerful, quiet and efficient, while its retractability gives the user much needed space that is created very stylishly."
Key features and benefits of the KitchenAid KCDD 9010 90cm downdraft Hood:
- Powerful, retractable downdraft 90cm wide hood with perimeter extraction
- Black glass top with stainless steel perimeter aspiration panel
- Automatic up and down motion with 30cm elevation
- Powerful extraction with a maximum airflow of 900m3/h and noise level of 58 dB(A)
- Three fan speeds plus an intensive option with delayed stop to ensure all cooking odours are extracted after cooking has finished
- Electronic control with touch control with blue LEDs
- Neon lighting
- Solid and durable structure in easy-to-clean stainless steel
- Everlasting and washable metal filters
- Anti-pinch safety system
- Suitable of ducting or recirculation
T: 0800 988 1266
20th January 2012