KBzine: the original kitchen and bathroom industry e-news - since 2002
20th October 2017
We strongly recommend viewing KBzine full size in your web browser. Click our masthead above to visit our website version.
Announcing the KBSA Designer Awards - 2012
The KBSA has announced details of the new KBSA Designer Awards for 2012, promising that the essence is 'simplicity' to gain the maximum number of entries.
There will be five Award categories, namely:
* The KBSA Kitchen Designer of the Year - sponsored by Omega
* The KBSA Bathroom Designer of the Year - sponsored by the kbbNTG
* The KBSA Bedroom Designer of the Year - sponsored by Hepplewhite
* The KBSA Home Office Designer of the Year - sponsored by the KBSA
* The KBSA Young Designer of the Year - sponsored by Mereway Kitchens
From these categories, an overall winner will be chosen to be awarded The KBSA Designer of the Year 2012 - sponsored by V-ZUG.
All winners will receive an engraved trophy and winners' certificate and the overall winner and partner will also be invited on a two-day trip to Switzerland to visit the V-ZUG facilities. All winners will also be invited to the KBSA AGM at The Billesley Manor Hotel, in Alvechurch, Warwickshire on 11th September, 2012, to receive their Awards, and also attend the KBSA Networking dinner that evening, followed by overnight accommodation.
Entry will be a simple process. Participants need only complete a short entry form and submit it with two or three images of the design. The KBSA will then follow-up those through the first review for more details - such as main brands involved. This will also provide the Association with images for its image galleries.
* Projects must have been completed between January 2011 and 31st May 2012 (closing date)
* All entries MUST relate to complete projects - including design, supply and installation, and have been commissioned with a KBSA retailer.
* Entrants must currently work for a KBSA retailer member
* Entrants must be 25 or under when entering for the Young Designer Award
* Two or three images of each design must be submitted
All entries must be received by 31st May 2012.
The Judging Panel will consist of the National Chair of the KBSA and one other elected Board member; an independent professional designer (Ben Jones, Project Design Manager, Omega); Renee Mascari, CEO of the NTG; one KBSA non-Board member, and one Corporate - to be confirmed.
Following the main launch at KBB, the review process will start and be ongoing as and when entries are received and a shortlist compiled from the judges' shortlist.
To find out more:
13th April 2012