KBzine: the original kitchen and bathroom industry e-news - since 2002
15th June 2018
We strongly recommend viewing KBzine full size in your web browser. Click our masthead above to visit our website version.
Winner of Britain's Oldest Fridge search chooses new fridge freezer
The winner of the annual 'Oldest Fridge' competition, organised by the Association of Manufacturers of Domestic Appliances, chose to replace his 56-year old fridge with a state-of-the-art Whirlpool fridge freezer.
Edmund Garrod of High Wycombe, the winner of the recent Time to Change UK's oldest fridge competition, selected the top-quality, European built and Italian designed, A+ energy efficient, Whirlpool fridge freezer, the WBC 3546 A+ NFCW.
Time to Change UK is the UK segment of a pan-European programme, organised by the European Committee of Domestic Equipment Manufacturers (CECED), to encourage the replacement of 188 million old (10 years and older), energy-hungry, large domestic appliances still in use across Europe.
Mr. Garrod's 56-year old refrigerator was originally his mother's, who chose it over a television, as it would be more beneficial "and stop the milk going sour". To replace his ageing refrigerator he selected the latest Whirlpool fridge freezer with A+ energy rating with the company's 6th Sense Fresh control that maintains the temperature and the humidity to keep produce up to four times longer. It also ensures that after door opening the temperature recovery is 10 times faster than a conventional fridge freezer.
Mr. Garrod said on delivery of his new Whirlpool fridge freezer to his home: "This is a fabulous prize and I am looking forward to the huge difference it will make. It was silly to hold onto the old model when a new one is much more effective and environmentally friendly, and will save me a considerable sum of money every year."
Mr. Garrod's new Whirlpool WBC3546 A+ NFCW fridge freezer with 6th Sense Fresh Control technology will benefit him with:
* A+ energy rated for efficiency
* Intuitive LCD controls which are easily programmable to provide the best temperature with feedback and information about current storage conditions
* Patented 6th Sense Fresh Control technology that monitors, adapts and controls the temperature and humidity to conserve food quality, taste and nutritional value for up to four times longer
* Any detection of temperature change e.g. opening the door, the temperature is restored up to ten times faster than a conventional fridge, so food keeps better for longer
* Special Cool compartment with air outlets to keep the temperature and humidity at a lower level for storing and preserving perishables like meat and fish for longer.
* Anti-bacterial filter with Microban that helps to purify circulating air, reducing bacteria, odours and the risk of cross-contamination between different foods
* Frost free convenience, eliminating defrosting
* Pizza balconies in the freezer door are ideal for storing frozen pizza
* Max Space freezer drawer - ideal for big items or food containers of different shapes and sizes
* H x W x D: 1895 x 595mm x 665mm
Picture shows : Edmund Garrod receiving his new fridge freezer from Ray Isted of Whirlpool UK and Chairman of AMDEA's Commercial Committee.
27th August 2010