KBzine: the original kitchen and bathroom industry e-news - since 2002
20th October 2017
We strongly recommend viewing KBzine full size in your web browser. Click our masthead above to visit our website version.
Shortlisted entries for kbb LDN Innovation Awards announced
The organisers of kbb LDN, which takes place at ExCeL London from 19th - 21st May, have finally revealed the products that have made it onto the shortlist for the Innovation Awards 2013.
In conjunction with Designer Magazine, industry judges have been looking for the most innovative products in terms of ingenuity, design and sustainability and 20 of the very latest innovations and new launches will be displayed at the Show, for you to examine at your leisure.
You can see the winner announced at the Innovation Centre at kbb LDN on Monday 20th May.
Those on the shortlist include:
- Methven UK: Methven Aroha tapware range - Both distinctive and timeless with small, graceful proportions, Aroha's striking aesthetic breaks away from expectation by combining distinct angles with soft forms to create dynamic and visual interest
- Eczacibasi Building Products: VitrAfresh Rimless WC - This wall hung WC has a rimless bowl with a distribution tool and fresh additive feature. Its tank, which is incorporated, brings maximum sanitation and hygiene through an uninterrupted water flow
- Ideal Standard: Concept Space - The collection combines ceramics, including short projection basins and compact WCs, and baths that are cleverly designed to fit into small or awkward spaces
- Symphony Group: The Signature Cabinet with Innovative Laser Edging offers customers a new dimension in creating a bespoke look for their kitchen. Unique to Symphony, the ability to laser edge kitchen cabinets for the high-end Signature brand creates an innovative way of approaching bespoke kitchen manufacturing
- Euroline: Twister E.ion System - As part of its new E.ion System range, premium Italian cookerhood manufacturer Falmec has developed a solution for a healthier kitchen environment, to combat dust, pollution and bacteria as well as grease and cooking odours by using ionisation technology to purify the air
- Twyford Bathrooms: 3D Rimfree Wall-Hung Toilet - Offering consumers more options to choose from, Twyford Bathrooms' 3D wall-hung toilet has been updated with the innovative Rimfree technology
- Mira Showers: Mira Calibre - Said to be the thinnest vertical valve on the market in response to increasing consumer demand for stylish, minimalist mixer showers. Calibre combines technological excellence with a stand-out aesthetic design to create the optimum showering experience.
- Hoover Candy Group: Hoover Prodige oven - At 76-litres Hoover says this is the largest single oven that can be divided into two separate fan ovens with independent temperature controls. By maximising space and saving energy, consumers can cook different items at the same time
- Westag & Getalit A: GetaLit concept for handmade-style HPL laminates - Getalit laminate surface finishes are designed to perfectly match the product- and decor theme. The outcome is a decorative sheet material available from orders as small as one piece for versatile uses - also as kitchen worktop
- Roca: In-Tank Meridian - A bathroom fitting concept which incorporates the cistern in its interior, Roca says this is the first WC to offer wall-hung and back-to-wall options which do not require a concealed cistern, facilitating ease of installation and creating an ideal solution for small spaces
- Abode: Tempeau - This new integrated thermostatic bath and showering system offers simple to install showering and bathing in temperature controlled safety
- VZug: VZug Combi-Steam XSLF - This plumbed in combination steam oven with the VZug patented steam control system allows control of steam temperature to a single degree accuracy
- Caple: C5100 Lift oven - The A-rated C5100 Lift oven has a stainless steel interior and has been designed to sit flush with the worksurface when roasting, baking or when not in use, therefore providing a clear, sleek platform in the kitchen
- Vogue (UK): Integral Valve - As what is said to be the largest remaining heating company to still manufacture towel warmers and designer radiators in the UK, Vogue (UK) has developed a new range at its factory in the West Midlands; the 'Integral' collection
- HPP: ClicBox - Developed by Unilin, ClicBox is a new flat pack cabinet system that makes use of UNICLIC technology to allow the components to simply be clicked together - limiting the time and skill required for construction
- Methven UK: Methven Satinjet Waipori - This shower range successfully transforms your everyday showering ritual into a luxurious experience that truly awakens the senses and is far superior to that of any other compact shower on the market today
- Rodi sinks & ideas, SA: Rodi Art - An exceptional fusion of a sublime sink with an extremely versatile accessory, the sink presents a simple but robust shape, highlighted by its 50mm height, causing huge impact by its majestic aspect
- Impey: Impey EasyFit - This pre-moulded wetroom floor former is designed to make wetroom installation a simple, fuss-free process
- Faber: Arkea -This exclusive lamp-hood from the F-light range designed by Faber, combines extraction with ambient mood lighting
- Hansgrohe: Raindance Select - For the first time, the engineers at Hansgrohe have invented a range of Raindance Select showers that offer two types of shower spray in a single head. The new Raindance Select programme offers the choice of gentle aerated RainAir and the forceful, effective Rain shower spray
Register for kbb LDN and find out more about these products and many more at:
12th April 2013