KBzine: the original kitchen and bathroom industry e-news - since 2002
26th May 2017
We strongly recommend viewing KBzine full size in your web browser. Click our masthead above to visit our website version.
Why InSinkErator waste disposers are such a clean addition to the kitchen
It took us a while as consumers to fully recognise the importance of hygiene in the kitchen. The preparation of good food is a romantic and sexy concept and we didn't always care to acknowledge the dirty side of it!
One little tea towel can harbour countless germs, which has been an important selling tool for manufacturers in the promotion of dishwashers; while the careless disposal of food waste itself can have unpleasant consequences for the home and the environment.
InSinkErator is the global leader and inventor of food waste disposers, which are among the most effective products in the modern kitchen but which are so often overlooked. The ability of these superb products to sort and dispose of our food waste carefully is quite superb.
The Association of Manufacturers of Domestic Electrical Appliances (AMDEA) says: "Food waste disposers offer countless benefits to households and local authorities. They separate food waste effortlessly in-home, reduce the need for kerbside collections, reduce cross contamination of waste streams, cut waste to landfill and prove a rich source of fertiliser and renewable energy."
Ashley Munden, InSinkErator's Managing Director, Europe, is justifiably proud of the company's strong and versatile range of food waste disposers and accessories: "These are top notch products at very reasonable prices for our customers, while their practical and economic benefits are numerous and far-reaching," he says. "As well as making the kitchen a safer and cleaner place, food waste disposers are of invaluable help to the environment."
Key features and benefits of the InSinkErator 200 Disposer:
- Top of the range model featuring three-stage grind technology and quiet operation
- Premium technology allows grinding of all food waste
- Up to 60% quieter than standard models
- Power booster circuit with microprocessor increased torque to tackle the most difficult-to-grind foods
- Durable and robust stainless steel grind chamber (1180ml) and stainless steel superior grinding elements to handle all waste
- Stainless steel stainer basket and plug
- Built-in air switch (in polished chrome or brushed steel) accessory for easy installation and added convenience
- Auto-reverse action for extended product life and trouble free operation
- Six-year parts and labour guarantee
Image: InSinkErator's top-of-the-range Evolution 200 food waste disposer offers premium, three-stage grind technology, quietness of operation and the ability to grind all food waste for the finest grind
T: 01923 297 880
12th April 2013