KBzine: the original kitchen and bathroom industry e-news - since 2002
21st April 2017
We strongly recommend viewing KBzine full size in your web browser. Click our masthead above to visit our website version.
Kitchen installation gets the gold seal: Special discounted offer announced
Independent kitchen installers that take pride in their work and carry out first-class installations can be found by looking for their FIRA Gold logo, the mark of excellence for the furniture industry. Fit into that category, but don't have FIRA Gold? ... Take advantage of a special offer to join FIRA's new independent retailer scheme at a discounted rate.
Launched in response to requests received from the kitchen industry, the FIRA Gold Installation Certification has been adapted for independent retailers and builders, so they too can benefit from this mark of distinction for their services.
A special offer, enabling businesses to join the scheme at a discounted rate for the year, will be launched at The Kitchen Conference on Thursday 12th September and will run until Thursday 31st October. The offer includes full membership of the Furniture Industry Research Association.
Already held by the majority of retailers with multiple outlets, FIRA Gold Installation Certification is a quality mark backed by FIRA International, the furniture industry's leading research body.
"FIRA Gold Installation Certification will reassure your customers of your commitment to excellence and delivering a first-class, professional installation service," explains Sue Mann, FIRA's Business Development Manager. "FIRA Gold complements other certification schemes rather than duplicates them, so I urge independent retailers to explore how we can really help put your business in the limelight.
"This special offer will last until the end of October and is a great deal for your business, peace of mind for your customers and as a full member of the Association you will receive a range of additional benefits."
The certification is awarded following an annual audit to ensure all staff work to the best-practice, industry standards and legislation by using a comprehensive technical manual developed by FIRA. This helps to reduce issues arising from the installation of a product, be it kitchen, bedroom or bathroom and ensures a consistent quality of fit. The certification also reviews the company's complaints system to help ensure the highest level of customer service.
Managing Director for Contract Kitchens, Terry Earle, who signed up to the scheme in May, says: "The FIRA Gold Certification is the highest accolade in the fitted furniture industry and is a tribute to our installation manager, Robin Brackett and his team of installers and specialist contractors.
"Following a successful audit of our installation procedures, we are proud to be the first privately owned independent company in the United Kingdom to achieve this accreditation. What is most pleasing about the audit is that we achieved the highest possible mark of 100%. This puts us in a unique position in our market place both locally and nationally."
The certification includes:
* A technical manual covering every aspect of kitchen, bedroom and bathroom installations, updated with all relevant legislation, industry standards and best working practices, to be used by the installation team
* A review of the complaints system to ensure it is robust and to help ensure the highest level of customer service
* An annual audit to ensure all staff work to the same industry standards - this helps to reduce issues arising from the installation of a product, be it kitchen, bedroom or bathroom
* Membership of The Furniture Industry Research Association and access to all associated benefits, including use of the worldwide renowned membership logo
Some of the benefits:
* Standing out from your competitors
* Adding value and reassurance to customers
* Providing customer satisfaction through consistently achieving installation excellence
* Marketing and PR opportunities, which includes use of the prestigious logo, use of promotional literature, an increased online presence and networking opportunities
The kbbreview Kitchen Conference is a networking, discussion and seminar event which takes place at Warwick Arts Centre, near Coventry, on Wednesday 12th September.
6th September 2013