KBzine: the original kitchen and bathroom industry e-news - since 2002
18th August 2017
We strongly recommend viewing KBzine full size in your web browser. Click our masthead above to visit our website version.
Win a Luxury Harvey Nichols Christmas Hamper worth £150
Ripples showrooms at Bournemouth, Bristol, London, Reigate, Tunbridge Wells, Brighton, Chichester, Henley and Richmond are holding a Christmas Draw. The lucky winner will receive a Luxury Harvey Nichols Christmas Hamper containing a full range of iconic Harvey Nichols products worth £150 - but even luckier will be the UK Registered Charity 'Wherever the Need', which will receive all the money raised.
Tickets will be on sale at the showrooms from 16th November and the winner will be drawn from those who've participated, in each of the showrooms, on 16th December 2010.
Why not visit Ripples now to purchase a ticket and a chance to win the hamper and benefit the charity? Tickets cost just £5.00 each?
'Wherever the Need' provides ecosan (composting) toilets that are clean and disease free - and which produce valuable fertiliser and compost - and clean drinking water, through wells and rainwater harvesting, to those less fortunate than we are. Ripples is hoping to raise £22,000 and the money will be invested in the village of Arasur which is five miles from Pondicherry in India and home to about 500 people.
This project falls into two distinct areas... The first to provide water and sanitation to the village community and the second to provide a livelihood opportunity for the women in the same village.
'Wherever the Need' tells us that:
• 2.5 billion people worldwide do not have access to sanitation facilities;
• Polluted water is the major cause of illnesses such as cholera, typhoid and diarrhoea;
• In the developing world, as a result of intestinal illness:
• Four out of ten children die before they reach the age of five (that is 5,000 per day);
• 25% of poor people's income is spent on medication;
• Half the hospital beds are filled with people ill unnecessarily.
T: 01225 335111
F: 01225 335113
Tel: 01225 335111
12th November 2010